Thursday, February 28, 2008

Few = Alot

There was another low turnout of riders to night which meant that you got gates till you dropped. Again it was open gates all night and there was hardly a full rack all night. You know you got enough gates when at the end of the night Ray looks over and says I'm ready to puke. The thing about Ray is that he kept going until the last gate dropped any way. Lenny was all sweaty and looked like he was ready to puke also. I know I had enough as I get 8 to 10 hard gates and then I go and work the gate drops to catch my breath. The good thing about working is that I go as hard as I can and then when I get tired I work and that keeps me from blowing myself up completely.

Nate and I get there early any how and get 30 to 40 minutes of gate practice before the gang gets there and that is the biggest help. Nate is just tearing it up out of the gates. He has got the timing and power perfect. He also has the skills down and Jacob one of the other experts that he races and beats now won't get in the gates with him. It is kind of funny as this past weekend Jacob raced cruiser only just not race against Nate. Well Nate wants to race cruiser as he likes his Kuwahara cruiser now that he has a few weeks on it. He also is sick of getting crashed in the age class races. He is a totally different rider then a few weeks ago. Moving up has just made him faster and way better. It is fun to watch Nate just get in the gate and these other kids that their parents are paying a former pro to train them get dropped by him. Hopefully it all transfers to the other bikes as well. Later..

No comments: