Sunday, February 17, 2008

Expert win today

This morning I got up at 6 and heard the rain and was just thinking do I want to drive to the bmx races? I turned on the news and they kept saying stay home and don't drive any where as there is ice under the rain water. That meant I must go as I couldn't just listen to the weathermen trying to scare everyone. I got Nate up and asked him do you want to drive to the bmx races or stay home and hit the computrainer with the jr team? He said that he wanted to hit the bmx as he is still leaning towards going to the Nebraska Nationals. He said he wanted more time on the bmx bike. So we loaded the gear into the truck which took twice as long as we skated back and forth loading it in. I was thinking the entire time are we nuts for doing this? We got on the road and it took 45 minutes to get there which was only 10 minutes longer. When we got to the races there was only about 10 racers there. Over the time more showed up but not many as there was only 24 motos.

I had a total point race and took a 2nd in the end. I was fun and I had a few chances to take it to Rich but it would had been a stupid move so I just rolled in second and was very satisfied with the result.

Nate had to race with the 15-16 open today as he was the only 13 year old. He just missed making it in the main. In his age class it was a total point race also. He had to race Alan who won the Grands and Brandon. In the first moto hit got in line behind Alan and took him with a sprint at the line. Alan was surprised at Nate's speed and that he took the win in the 1st moto from him. In the 2nd motot Nate just plain old beat them both with a fast gate and just a fast and smooth run. In the 3rd moto he just slid in behind Alan and rolled in 2nd and the overall win. He could have taken Alan and won all 3 but he just played it safe. Nate has just moved into expert and he has not missed a beat. He is getting faster and the kids in expert are just going to see the backside in many races. It was cool to watch him get his first expert win as he just walked back and had that look on his face as like I knew that I would win, just a small smile. It didn't take long for the first win of many to come.

We are just sittig here watching the Tour of California and the Daytona 500 in the picture in picture. I hope that any one but Tony Stewart wins the Daytona 500 as I think that he is the biggest goof in NASCAR. In the Tour of California I think Levi has a chance to repeat or Jens Voight might take it away. I also hope we don't get any snow tonight. Later..

2 comments:

Ronsta, said...

Awesome!!!

Jay said...

Thanks Ron. Thanks for all of your help.