Sunday, September 13, 2009

BMX State's

Picture from Sam, me almost getting crashed out at the end. Stayed up for a 2nd place finish.


Today was the State Championship races in Wisconsin Rapids. Nate only raced the Cruiser and I only the 20 inch bike. The weather was nice but a little hot but OK for the racing. To get things started Nate was up and was in gate 7 and the other guys forced him off the track down the first straight. The thing about it was he was on the step up about 10 feet off the ground. He hit a nice side kick table before floating the 12 feet to the ground. Well that is were the fun was as he was thinking this is not a good thing and it is going to hurt. As he landed on the tires below it broke his fall and he laid there for a few seconds and then got up to the applause of the crowd and finished his lap. The guy that forced the guy into Nate was relegated to last on that lap. In the end Nate finished 3rd in the race today and took 2nd overall in state in the 15 year old cruiser. I took 2nd today on the 20 inch. I had some excitement in my final to as a guy was trying to force me off on the final straight and I held and he crashed next to me. In the process I rode over him and finished 2nd by about 3 feet out of 1st. Had the action down the final straight not been happening I may have had a shot st 1st but all good. I ended up 5th overall in the state final count witch is not to bad as the top 2 are expert and then 2 intermediate and then me, glad to finish that high at the end. It was nice to spend some time with Wade and see his new house that he is building. Hope to see him more often now that he is in Stevens Point. Now I new a shower and eat my 5 scoops of ice topped with strawberries. Later..

No comments: