Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chequamegon

Well I got service again as last night I could not get the air card to hook up and I didn't feel like walking to the lodge to use theirs. Well the race was fast and dusty. Nate got off good and was sitting in the front leaders group when 2 racers hooked bars on a hill and went down right in front of him. Last caused a gap that could not be made up. He ended rolling in 21st overall and 6th in age class. He was bummed as he was felling good and just caught a bad break. I rolled in 45th or something and was 5th in Single speed so I was happy. Then after the race we relaxed and then Nate and Myles went for a ride with Ron. Then this morning Ron picked the boys up again and took them to Rock Lake for another ride. The boys loved the trails and again thanks Ron. Bob raced the cross crit today and made the finals but he was fried and rolled it in in 15th. Now we are on the way home and that should take another 5 hours. Later..

1 comment:

old 'n slow said...

To everyone at the Hayes compound -THANK YOU! The cold beer & hot showers were like manna from heaven.

Again a hearty thanks from Lynne & I (and I suppose everyone else at Team Extreme too! But I'm not an authorized team spokesman :))