Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Just spinning

Yesterday we took a day off to let the legs just relax and recover after the 24-9 race. Then today we also just took the single speeds out for a ride to get the junk out of the legs. I was surprised that the legs felt as good as they did after the efforts put out during the race. But I still didn't feel that racing at the track tonight was in the plans or the bmx as it was way to hot to have all the gear on. So we just rode around to loosen the legs up. Plus being outside and testing gas meters in the heat I was just too worn out to drive to Kenosha or to Crystal and put all the gear on to race. It feels nice to be home and sit with the family for once even though the kids were getting each others nerves. Now we are watching Mr Woodcock with Billy Bob Thornton and it is kind of a goofy funny movie just what we need to watch to relax and laugh. I like the dude he plays. Got to see if you get a chance. Later..

4 comments:

bmxmtbfam said...

Woodcock is the gym teacher all kids should have.

Did you ever find the mini bars you thought you had.

Kenny

Jay said...

I love the way he treats the kids and the old people. Good movie.


I have some bars and you can look at them either Thursday as we will be there for practice and Sat for the race. Take them and see if they are what you are looking for.

Jay

bmxmtbfam said...

cool, i will stop by tonight at the track after work

Jay said...

My bad as Len called me right before we left and the practice is tomorrow (Friday). I will be there on Friday night and Sat during the races from noon till about 3. So sorry so stop by the next 2 days Ken.

Jay