Saturday, August 23, 2008

Oh No Not Now

Nate and I drove up to Wade's house last night to get a good day of rest and then pre ride the course. We got here at 9 after and 4 1/2 hour drive here. We hit some rain but nothing to worry about as it was short and brief. We got in to Wade's and sat around and talked and then went to bed. We got up and headed over to River Falls to ride the course. Nate and I rode the first lap together with the Pedal Moraine gang and then I went on my own for a 2nd lap. Everything was going good and then I hit a turn and washed out a little and hit a root and my fork was just mush, gone. I rode it out and then ran into Randy and he tried to help figure out what happened, no go. He called Rob and he hadn't gotten to far from home and turned around and picked one up just in case I couldn't get it taken care of, thanks Rob. Randy then pointed me to the local bike shop The Route in downtown River Falls. We then took the bike in to see if they could help. They did that and more. They offered me a Reba or a Switch Blade off one of the workers bikes. I took the carbon Switch Blade as it was hardly used and the price was good. They took my blown up one off and put the other one on. Thanks to guys at the shop I'm able to race tomorrow and not have to try to put a fork on right before the gun goes off. The guys there great and I can't say thanks enough as now I'm rolling and ready for the race and the hospitality was great. Thanks Randy for trying to help figure it out and Rob for turning around and getting a spare just in case and the guys at the shop for everything. Now I have to see if the hands and body hold up to the rigid ride. Then on Tuesday I have to get the fork to Len and they can see what went wrong and get it back to me as good as new. Now it is time to catch some Olympics and NASCAR. See you at the race. Later..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No problem Jay...always happy to help if I can! I know you are not using my fork, but you still are going to race your bike tomorrow with my WORS # on your bike and back though...right?

Jay said...

Sure, Sorry to see that you got 2 flats during the race. You should have never said anything before the race started. See what happened. Thanks again...

Jay

What Do I Feel Like Riding today? said...

I blew up my Fox in the 6 hour Saturday, It's leaking OIL Really Bad. Isn't that fantastic ahead of a 24hour solo this weekend, fortunatly I have an extra '07 Fox F80 Laying around.