Sunday, August 03, 2008

Come and gone

My single speed team took the runner up. Thanks Mark, Steve and Todd for thinking of me to be on your team.
The boys taking the third place against a couple of strong 16 and 18 year old kids.
Myles riding a strong 1st lap and every lap after.
Nate riding to the waiting area for his first 1st lap.
Mitch finishing his 1st lap.
John and his team. They rode a strong race to take a 3rd.
John looking good on the boxes.
Holly and Abby on the 2nd box after pushing the winners right to the end. This is how Nate looked in the truck for the entire ride home after racing for 24 hours.
Here is Maddie after the 24 hour race. Her and Chloe supported us and the kids all weekend. Thanks girls.
The race weekend was a blast again. The MARS jr kids are a class act. They raced their hearts out and were as humble as ever knowing that they were up against other strong trams. They were not cocky like the first place team and I do have to say a big congratulations to the Expo jr team. They were as humble also and a great bunch of kids. Great job guys. I have to thank Steve, Amy, Diane, Jeff and Dale for all the help and support for the kids and me over the weekend. None us could have done as well as we did with out them. Thanks again.
The team that I was on was just put together and entered in the 4 man single speed class. I was hoping not to bring them down and that we would have a strong team. Well after the antibiotics kicked in I was wondering how I would ride. But I was able to keep up and turn solid laps int he day and strong ones at night. All the others did to and we held a small 3 minute lead into the night laps. But the other team pulled a fell faster and got a small lead. I was able to get 5minutes back on my last lap but it was to much and we settled for 2nd in a close race. I had a blast and I may try it again. For fulls results check here http://www.grannygear.com/realtime/public/nm_index.php Look through and find a friend that raced. Sorry I'm tired and I don't recall every ones results. I need sleep. Later..

6 comments:

Mad Trix said...

You gotta do it again just to give me the chance to listen to you next time.
Mark

SugsCandy said...

Great job to both your teams! A fun weekend it was.

Christine said...

Nice work boys!

LC said...

I wanted to say that the MARS boys were out of this world! I was so impressed with their drive, determination, and positive attitudes displayed throughout the 24 hours. Humble is the perfect word and I hope all the boys realize what a great accomplishment they have made.

Congratulations to you as well!

Trixie
EXPO Racing

Jay said...

Thanks Trixie, they enjoy being on the bikes and around the other kids that race. It doesn't matter what team that the others race for they just enjoy hanging around with the others. Also the Expo team is a class act race team as well. The kids have come a long ways in the last couple of years. Thanks and see you guys at the races.

Jay

Sara said...

Congratulations on our finish Jay! Looks like it was a fun weekend.