Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Updates

I talked to Len this morning and the girl who crashed last night was taken to Children's Hospital via flight for life and was still unconscious this morning from her crash. Len then called Mr. Winn and he stated that she was a wake and things were looking better. We were so glad to hear that and hope for a speedy recovery and that she still wishes to race a bike. Then tonight at the time trials Lynn Senkerik crashed on the cap and was out cold and Coop stayed with her until the rescue personal loaded her up and took her to the hospital. I hope she is OK to and back to the races. Hope that the crashes are used up and that no one else has a bad one.

The time trials were good tonight although it was a light turnout. I started out OK and stayed on Marks wheel and was just happy with the pace he was setting. I missed a turn and then had to pass about 7 people that made the right turn and I caught Mark again and was on his wheel and then he decided to lie down on the switch back and I passed him and never looked back. My legs were a little unhappy with me today from the abuse I dished out on them at the track last night. The legs felt better on the 2nd lap and I was able to open a larger gap on the others. On lap 3 the legs cramped up going up craters and I was able to ride the cramps out until the last time up the gravel road to the finish. I almost walked up the hill but I pushed it out and made it to the finish. That is the first time all year that the legs have cramped up so I have to take in extra fluids. Tomorrow depending on the amount of homework that Nate has we may not be able to make the group ride. Just have to see. Later..

3 comments:

old 'n slow said...

Thanks - She is recovering at this time. She was out cold for 5 minutes or so, according to COOP & Ann. She does not remember the ambo ride to Froedtert Trauma Center. CAT Scans were negative and Xrays show a broken right collar bone. That and a bunch of road rash on the right side of her face - but in good spirits after taking her Percocet. Thanks for the shout out - see you on Saturday at CR WEMS????

John

Jay said...

I'm glad to hear that she is OK now. When Ann was yelling that some one went down on the cap she never said who it was. Coop told me later when I caught him and I was like no way. But it can happen to anyone and hope that she is back on the bike soon. Nate and I are going up to the WORS race so see you guys next week Wed.

old 'n slow said...

She's done for this year for sure. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Good Luck in RF w/ WORS. You guys will kill'em.