Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Track racing

Tonight Nate and I hit the track again and we went down early to meet Gage and Mitch. We wanted to get there early to ride some laps with Gage as it was his first night on the track. As we were doing some warm up laps Gage told us the bike was making a loud creaking noise every time he put a heavy load on the pedals. So Jeremey and I looked at it and all seemed fine. We sent him back out and told him not to worry. Well Mitch does a sprint and Gage stomps on the pedals and BAM he hits the ground. He broke the freaking track chain. The good thing is he gets up and aside from some road rash he looks at us and says " Now I'm ready to race". I go to Bob and any one else and see if I can find a few links to try to fix the chain, no go. So I told him to race my track bike and I will watch as I can't race and have a kid not get the chance. We started to switch the pedals and one was giving us a hassle so I asked what size shoe and he wore the same size so he used my shoes and we moved the saddle and sent the kids out for more warm up. We then got the kids registered and off the races it was. Gage did well as the first race was a scratch and Gage finished in the middle of about 12 kids. Nate took a 4th and Mitch grabbed a 3rd. In the miss and out Gage not knowing how to sit in the front to middle was one of the first eliminated. Mitch rode to a 4th place and Nate took a 2nd. That was it for Gage as someone needed his beauty sleep so they went home. Nate and Mitch rode the consolation race witch was a 25 lap scratch. Nate and Mitch rode great for the entire race. Nate went with another racer on a flyer and Jeff and Mitch bridged the gap only to be chased down. They sat in the rest of the race and then contested for the sprint finish only to miss out by a place for the money. They all rode great and I hope Gage enjoyed it and that he will be back for more. Tomorrow is the time trial and then some meetings for Nate as he starts school next Tuesday. Later..

No comments: