Sunday, August 31, 2008

Going Green

In our house we are going green. Cece is a very earth friendly person as she set up a big recycling thing at her school that showed how much her class recycled and everyone was impressed about it. She is the same here at home as we recycle everything that we can. But as far as going green I didn't get a ride in today as we went real green. She picked 2 shades of a light green and Nate, my Mom and Dad and I painted the upstairs family room. I was OK with it as I rode yesterday and a day off here and there makes the legs happy. But my fingers are sore from painting for 7 hours. But we got most of it done as my Mom is painting the base cove right now and Nate is putting the switch plates back on so we can move things back. I have to say the white was nice but we painted that 14 years ago and it needed a update. So the colors that Cece picked are nice and it looks nice with the fresh coat of paint. Now every room except our bedroom has been freshly painted or remodeled. The only thing that we have not done is the roof, everything from the basement up has been updated now. I mean everything from the floors and walls downstairs to the siding and gutters outside and the bathroom. She just painted the kitchen and now like I said we want to paint our bedroom. I think that may happen over the next long holiday or next summer for sure. I love owning a house.

The concert last night was the best concert I ever attended. Bruce Springsteen played songs of old and new. He had so much energy and was playing none stop. He would sing 1 song and then go right into the next. His voice was crisp and clear and the sound was great and the video screen on the side of the stage were big and clear. When we got the Harley parked Cece and I went to the Summer Fest grounds and stopped by my parents as they were at work to say Hi and then walked to the Veterans Park to attend the concert. As we were walking to get something to eat we ran into Steve Derby an old cycling friend along with his wife Tammy. We stooped and talked and ended up sitting with them during the concert. That was nice to get a chance to catch up about things going on now with the families and talk crap about the old days. But the concert was great and Bruce played for 3 hours and 45 minutes. We got home at 1:30am and Talked to my parents for a little bit and went to bed dead tired after the ride in the kettles and then sitting at the concert all night. But I have to thank my Uncle Bill as he was not up to going and gave me the tickets. Way to cool. Well time to move things back to the walls upstairs. Later..

No comments: