Sunday, August 24, 2008

River Falls

Great day and great race. Everything was just perfect for a race. The course was one of the best of the year. Nate and I got to the race and got ready and then did a short pre ride with Mitch and Myles and then got to the line. I had a OK start as I got stuck behind a few slow riders that think if they go fast and hard they will place better, wrong. I caught Nate at the top and then rode his wheel for a while as we were stuck in slow rider land. We seen Myles and Mitch along with Brandon up in front and had to chase for the next 2 laps. In the middle of the 2nd lap we caught Mitch as he went down in a turn and Brandon shortly after. We all rode together for a while and then on the start of the 3rd Nate got a gap and pushed it and we then caught another single speeder and Myles. Myles said that he was cooked and couldn't go with us. Nate then got a good gap on the single speeder and then I got in front and turned it up to get the gap larger on the guy. In the end Nate ended up 1st, Brandon 2nd, Mitch 3rd and Myles 4th. I ended up 3rd in the single speeders. Also Gage took another 2nd so he is in a good battle in his class. I kind of like the rigid front as when I had it on the Gunnar I got used to it, but today it was a rough ride as the course was the bumpiest so far this year. My arms were tired and the hands stiff from holding on so tight at times. But it was a blast and I will leave it on for a while as the other one has to go in for a rebuild. Nice to see everyone and I hope that everyone had a good race.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted a "good" race to badly...I loved the course on the pre-ride and felt that this could be the best race of the year for me. At the beginning of the race, I felt great and was starting to pick-off riders...then started feeling a slow coming flat on the front. Changed it figuring maybe I could salvage this race and still beat a older bad finish and then the tire blew off the front rim and I was done! Maybe next time...